|Version 136 (modified by scdbackup, 5 years ago)|
This page contains the official source code releases of the libburnia project.
The release tarballs below need only vanilla tools like make and cc.
tar xzf .../lib...x.y.z...tar.gz cd lib...x.y.z ./configure ; make
For installation execute (probably you need to be superuser)
Libisofs 0.6.6 release notes:
* Bug fix: major,minor numbers of device files were not read properly from existing images
* Bug fix: iso_tree_path_to_node() returned 1 if a directory path component was a non-directory file
* New API call iso_special_get_dev() retrieves major, minor numbers of device files
Libburn 0.5.0 release notes:
* Bug fix: cdrskin option drive_scsi_dev_family=scd lead to buffer overflow
* Ability to use /dev/scd as fallback if /dev/sr does not exist
* New API call burn_fifo_peek_data()
Libisoburn 0.2.2 release notes:
* New API function isoburn_prepare_blind_grow()
* New flag bits with isoburn_set_msc1(), isoburn_read_iso_head()
* New option -grow_blindly
* Options -C and -M for -as mkisofs emulation
* Options for -as cdrecord emulation: -multi, -msinfo, -isosize, tsize, --grow_overwriteable_iso, write_start_address,
* New option -pacifier, more compatible pacifier with -as mkisofs
* make install creates aliases as symbolic links: osirrox, xorrisofs, xorrecord
* Can serve growisofs if started as xorrisofs, genisofs, mkisofs, genisoimage
Download and build libburn:
svn co http://svn.libburnia-project.org/libburn/trunk libburn cd libburn ./bootstrap ; ./configure ; make
Download and build libisofs:
bzr branch lp:libisofs cd libisofs ./bootstrap ; ./configure ; make
Download and build libisoburn:
svn co http://svn.libburnia-project.org/libisoburn/trunk libisoburn cd libisoburn ./bootstrap ; ./configure ; make
Outdated libburn Releases
Libburn 0.4.8 release notes:
* Bug fix: Random access addressing for DVD-RAM and BD-RE did not work.
* cdrskin: Affected were options write_start_address= and --grow_overwriteable_iso on DVD-RAM or BD-RE.
* xorriso: Affected were sessions on DVD-RAM or BD-RE after the first one.
Libburn 0.4.6 release notes:
* Support for BD-RE media is now official
* New burn_write_opts_set_stream_recording() can speed up DVD-RAM and BD-RE
* New cdrskin option --list_formats
* New cdrskin blank types for expert formatting of DVD-RAM and BD-RE
* New cdrskin blank type blank=as_needed for automatic handling of media
Libburn 0.4.4 release notes:
* Support for DVD+R/DL media is now official
Libburn 0.4.2 release notes:
* Long term commitment to ABI libburn.so.4.
* ABI compatibility is guaranteed for any older feature set released since libburn-0.3.2 about one year ago.
* libburn provides means for compile time and runtime checking of its version.
* Compile time check in cdrskin for proper version of libburn include file. Required is at least 0.4.2.
* Runtime check in cdrskin prevents dynamic linking with outdated version of libburn.so.4. Required is at least the version seen in the include file at compile time.
* New option direct_write_amount=
* New option --grow_overwriteable_iso
* New option --allow_emulated_drives dev=stdio:<path>
* More cdrecord options supported: -format, -inq, -load, -lock, -immed, -waiti
* New option fallback_program=
A lot of libburn API additions.
Libburn/Cdrskin? 0.3.8 release notes:
* Now able to cope with the peculiarities of Linux 2.4 USB
* Refusal to perform -dummy runs on media which cannot simulate burning
* New option modesty_on_drive= may help with hda -> hdb burns
* New option minbuf= , cdrecord compatible frontend of modesty_on_drive=
* New option --adjust_speed_to_drive
* Precautions against using the burner drive as track source
Note: ABI has not been broken.
* 0.3.6 release notes *
* On Linux kernel 2.6, /dev/sr* gets used rather than /dev/sg*.
* DVD+R now get finalized (if not -multi is given)
* 0.3.4 release notes *
* Multi-session recording on DVD+R, including -toc, -msinfo
* Options --tell_media_space , assert_write_lba=
* Bug fix of rare multi track fifo stall
* 0.3.2 release notes *
* Burnfree enabled by default
* Multi-session recording on sequential DVD-R[W], including -toc, -msinfo
* DVD-R[W] Disk-at-once recording
* 0.3.0 release notes *
* Improved recognition of unsuitable media types
* Replaced ban of chmod u+s by loud warning
* detailed man page for cdrskin
* Burning of DVD+RW and DVD-RAM media as single-track TAO-like initial session
* Formatting and then burning to DVD-RW like to DVD+RW
* New option -msifile=path from cdrkit/wodim
* 0.3.0.1 release notes *
* Bug fix enabling tracks >= 1.3 GB from disk file
* 0.2.6 release notes (Wed Nov 22 2006) *
After a lot of time with dedication to this project, we proudly present you libburn 0.2.6. It is the first version of cdrskin and libburn after they have been split from genisofs and libisofs. Main new features are write mode TAO and support for multi session.
* 0.2.6.1 release notes (Fri Nov 24 2006) *
Point release to fix misleading version numbers in messages and documentations.
* 0.2.6.2 release notes (Sat Dec 16 2006) *
cdrskin man page backported from development version 0.2.7.
* 0.2.6.3 release notes (Fri Dec 29 2006) *
Point release to fix build system problems people have experienced with the past release.
- Outdated libburn-0.2.3.snapshot02.tar.gz Thu Nov 02 2006 SVN branch
Stabilized snapshot including release 0.2.4.pl01 of cdrskin
* cdrskin 0.2.4 release notes *
Compatibility with cdrecord has been improved in respect to drive addresses, audio
extraction from .wav, -scanbus, -toc, drive buffer fill indicator.
Note: The previous snapshot01 with the same source base is handicapped by a broken ./configure setup. It works well on Intel compatible CPUs but is supposed to be unusable on big-endian architectures.
* 0.2.2 release notes *
Initial release of libburnia's libburn combined with cdrskin.
Outdated libisofs Releases
Libisofs 0.6.4 release notes:
* Extended information: iso_node_add_xinfo()
* New node iteration: iso_dir_find_children()
* Custom image file content via iso_tree_add_new_file()
* Missing feature added to map a disk file to an arbitrary image file path via iso_tree_add_new_node()
* Obtain image path of a node object via iso_tree_get_node_path()
* Various bugfixes
- Outdated libisofs-0.6.2.1.tar.gz Thu Feb 14 2008
* FIX: missing buffer.h preventing build from succeeding
Libisofs 0.6.2 release notes:
* Initial release of new generation libisofs
* Completely new API
* Long term commitment to ABI libisofs.so.6
Libisofs 0.2.8 release notes:
* Support for hidden files
* Eltorito support
* Charset support
* Support for inode caching
* Ordering files on image
* Unit tests
* A lot of other features and bugfixes
Note: ABI has been broken.
* 0.2.5 release notes *
Bugfix release. Fixed the ECMA-related problem with iso tree generation. There is newer release 0.2.8 with a lot of new features.
* 0.2.4 release notes *
Bugfix release. Fixes lots of problems people have encountered, including but not limited to broken docs generation.
* 0.2.3 release notes *
Bugfix release, with some improvements for freebsd support. Requires libburn to compile.
Outdated libisoburn Releases
Libisoburn 0.2.0 release notes:
* New API functions isoburn_set_msgs_submit(), isoburn_drive_set_msgs_submit()
* Bug fix: -chmod unintentionally performed o-x as first operation
* New options -cpax, -cp_rx, -cp_rax, -extract to restore files and trees from ISO image to disk filesystem.
* New option -paste_in to copy ISO files into parts of disk files
* New options -map_l, -compare_l, -update_l, -extract_l
Libisoburn 0.1.8 release notes:
* Bug fix: Major,minor numbers of device files appeared as 0,1 in next session
* Bug fix: modifying to overwriteable target yielded unmountable results
* New option -stream_recording for full speed with DVD-RAM and BD-RE
* New options -osirrox and -cpx allow to extract single files from ISO image
Libisoburn 0.1.6 release notes:
* Support for BD-RE (by depending on libburn-0.4.8)
* New API wrapper calls isoburn_toc_*() around libburn TOC inquiry calls
* New API call isoburn_read_iso_head() identifies ISO 9660 filesystems
* New API call isoburn_set_msc1() (like mount -o sbsector=)
* Bug fix: -update_r and others did not work properly with relative paths
* New options -map and -map_single
* New options -not_paths, -not_leaf, -not_list, -not_mgt, -as mkisofs -m
* Emulated -toc on overwriteable media, new -toc layout with volume id
* New option -load makes alternative sessions accessible
* New -blank and -format modes 'as_needed'
* New option -list_formats and -format mode 'by_index_'
Libisoburn 0.1.4 release notes:
* Improved performance with reading directory trees
* xorriso: Improved attribute transfer from disk for target
* xorriso: Incremental backup functionality by new option -update_r
* xorriso: Options -cut_out and split_size map byte intervals of oversized files into ISO files
* xorriso: Emulation of some basic mkisofs and cdrecord options
* Dynamically linkable with release version 0.6.4 of libisofs
* Initial release of libisoburn/xorriso
* libisoburn connects libisofs and libburn
* libisoburn emulates multi-session on media without session history
* xorriso is an integrated multi-session tool for ISO 9660 Rock Ridge images
- due to a subtle mistake in ABI usage with libisofs this release had to be restricted to dynamic linking with exactly libisofs-0.6.2 where the mistake does no harm. A version of libisoburn which is open to all future libisofs versions will be released shortly after libisofs.0.6.4.